The process of concrete grinding and sealing is consisting intricate stages. Prepping the surface, smoothing the concrete, filling cracks and holes, cleaning the surface, and sealing or placing a coating on top is all part of the process. Each stage must be done appropriately and accordingly to acquire the best results. Professionals are trained to do these jobs and here in RenuCrete, we have our team of professionals who can guarantee a high-quality service not only due to years of experience but also because Renucrete is certified by Elite Crete in concrete grinding and other flooring services.
Hiring professionals provide more benefits than you would believe. They for sure have the best knowledge and skill to get the work done. Professional flooring companies have more access to quality materials because they acquire easier contact with various suppliers. The flooring itself is a complicated job and risking with DIY flooring might put you into more work and hassle. Contrary to popular belief, hiring professional services can lead to fewer expenses since they have better access to materials and proper knowledge which lessens the risk of faulty flooring. In addition, their competence can save time since they don’t need to do further research on the process of concrete grinding and sealing. To outline everything, here are the main reasons why you should leave concrete grinding and sealing to professionals:
- They are experts.
- Provide long-lasting outcomes.
- Reduce your workload.
- Results that are both high-quality and convenient.
- Installation time is reduced.
Concrete Grinding and Sealing VS. Polished Concrete
Torn between these two? Well, the answer to your dilemma would be solely coming from you. Your needs will determine whether you choose concrete grinding and sealing or polished concrete. So, before deciding between the two, consider your needs and where you opt to put this flooring installation.
Concrete grinding and sealing are preferable to use in low-traffic areas such as residential areas, office flooring, kitchen set-ups, and restrooms. Although the concrete grinding process in a grind and seal involves fewer steps than the concrete polishing procedure, the end result is still smooth and attractive. Grease, oil spills, stains, and animal urine can all be prevented by grinding and sealing the concrete floor. Chemical-resistant polyurethane sealers can be used on these sealed concrete floors if needed for your area, allowing the floor to be readily washed away from stains that would otherwise cause lasting harm to other flooring systems. Polished concrete, on the other hand, provides long-term durability as well as densifying, hardening, and dust-proofing properties. Because of its scratch-resistant coating and low maintenance requirements, this system is ideal for high-traffic areas. When properly maintained, it can also last for decades. However, with varied high traffic levels in concrete grinding and sealing, your surface may need to be resealed on a yearly basis. This can be more expensive in the long run than polished concrete in larger settings. When it comes to costs, polished concrete is undeniably more labor demanding, necessitating a larger budget. If you want a polished concrete floor but don’t want to spend a lot of money, a grind and seal concrete floor is a good solution.
If you have more questions regarding the matter, you can always contact us. As one of the leading businesses, we promise in RenuCrete to cater to your needs with high efficiency. We offer reliable concrete floor grinding and polishing in Sydney, but we are not limited to that, if you want to out other services that we offer, you can contact us on 0410223300.
The Process of Concrete Grinding and Sealing
Depending on the level of quality sought for the concrete finish, the procedures to achieve this flooring can range from a few to numerous intricate steps. The process undergoes five stages, it begins with preparing the floor surface, then proceeds to surface grinding, filling the cracks and holes, cleaning the surface, and lastly surface sealing. To better understand each stage, check the following:
- Preparing the floor surface
- A new concrete slab may require one sort of surface preparation, while an existing concrete slab may require another. The slab must be cleaned and cleared of any old topping or sealer before a fresh topping aggregate can be installed. The decorative motifs you want to see on the final polished surface can be included in this topping.
- Surface grinding
- To remove contaminants from the existing slab, the concrete is ground with engineered concrete floor surface grinders. Grinding promotes the adhesion of your concrete to the concrete stain and/or sealer. It is up to a proper judgement to decide how many grinding cycles should be repeated. Increasing the grit number refines the concrete surface to the desired smoothness.
- Filling the cracks and holes
- Larger holes, divots, and expansion joints that may have formed on the surface as a result of the first grinding process are fixed and filled as needed.
- Cleaning the Surface
- After that, the surface is thoroughly cleaned in preparation for the last step.
- Surface Sealing
- A sealer is used to protect and enhance the appearance and durability of your new concrete floor. A sealing solution has been applied to your sealed concrete floor. Your concrete flooring provider will propose the appropriate type of sealer for you based on your floor goals, requirements, and area. Multiple coatings of sealant may be required for softer, more porous concrete, and this type is a regular occurrence in residential areas.
Contact Us Now!
Renucrete will provide you with high-quality concrete grinding in Sydney. We use cutting-edge technology and adhere to a strict formula. Our service will provide you with consistent, high-quality, and long-lasting flooring.
So, what exactly are you waiting for? Contact us on 0410223300 or visit us at 44 Stirling Avenue, North Rocks, NSW 2151 so we can discuss the best flooring that would answer your needs.