Polished concrete are very known to be used in areas where heavy traffic is being used. They provide the best performance on these conditions because of the amazing properties they possess. Polished concrete floors are known to withstand high temperatures, weather conditions and many more that why polished concrete floors in Sydney are widely popular especially in home garages and building staff houses.
WHAT IS POLISHED CONCRETE?
Using stunning aggregates, quartz and colours to create a sense of industrial sophistication in both homes and commercial buildings, polished concrete is a versatile material that is easily customizable in its appearance. Its reflective surface creates an evocative quality under light, which can be suitable for a variety of programs.
From the least expensive “grind and seal” method to honed concrete which uses a penetrating sealer to create a reflective surface, polished concrete can be created in a variety of ways. As it is long-lasting and more durable under heavy foot traffic, mechanically polished concrete is the type usually used in commercial projects. It is created by applying a chemical hardener that densifies the porous concrete, and then grinding it to the desired gloss and smoothness. The concrete can be ground to 800, 1500 or 3000 grit level using a series of progressively fine tools (similar to the process of sanding wood). Another consideration is the concrete’s “exposure level”- that is, the amount if the original surface which is ground away and thus how much of the aggregate material is exposed.
WHERE IS IT COMMONLY USED?
The most common places polished concrete is used include:
- Large warehouses and warehouse outlets – it is commonly used at warehouses since constant in and out of heavy cargo happen every day and polished concrete can withstand heavy traffic and does not break. They are very durable that is why its option that many business owners prefer.
- Retail stores – it is also common in retail stores because of heavy foot traffic that normal concrete or tiled floors cannot withstand. Also with the constant moving of boxes and heavy loads they are perfect to work with.
- Hotels and restaurants – not only are these places heavy with foot traffic they are also places that needs cleaning all the time. They are preferred by restaurant owners and business men because they are easy to clean and offer less maintenance than any other floor options saving them a lot of trouble and of course money.
- Office buildings – heavy foot traffic from employees and clients. Big scope for the maintenance staff that is why polished concrete is a great option to use because they require minimal maintenance and still keep the professional and elegant appeal.
- Auto showrooms – cars, trucks and machines come and go and are always exposed to water, heat, dirt and many more. Since polished concrete does not have open spaces, they are durable and no water seeps through it they provide the best options for buildings like these.
- Private residences – due its sleek looking and benefits, they not only provide beauty but value to every home owner who wishes to put on polished concrete finish.
BENEFITS OF POLISHED CONCRETE
AFFORDABLE. Despite having a high-end appearance, it is still more affordable than any other flooring options. The whole lifecycle cost is lower than any popular types of flooring. It is particularly affordable if you already have a concrete slab you can get professionally.
DURABLE. Durability is second to none for manufacturing and warehousing facilities. It is very solid and can stand up to heavy foot traffic.
LOW-MAINTENANCE. They are very easy to maintain. They don’t require you to periodically strip the surface and apply wax or other coatings like many other flooring types do. They are even very easy to clean. They don’t hold onto dirt or dust like other floors do and only require occasional mopping.
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY. They are an eco-friendly option as it does not involve the use of hazardous chemical coatings, cleaners and adhesive in their installation or upkeep. Floors are also energy efficient, which further add to their reputation as a “green” flooring choice.
RENUCRETE – PROVIDES YOU WITH STABLE FOOTING
Renucrete are one of the best polished concrete contractors in Sydney. They have provided service to the whole corners of the city. They do all sorts of services as well, polished concrete overlay floors and is well known for their concrete floor grinding and polishing in Sydney. With the best professionals and highly skilled employees, you are guaranteed that every project you take with us is a 100% success.